Sunday 7 June 2009

The Travis story.

I think he was the guy who was working when I picked up an application form for Spar, but I'm not sure. I remember that the guy was kinda cute in a quirky way. Just like Travis. The first time I spoke to him was at the start of my thrid shift, as he was just finishing his morning shift. I mentioned I also worked in the charity shop down the road on Saturdays, and the next week, he came to the charity shop, especially to talk to me. First we talked about the books that were there, then the pretty items under the counter, then, as I thought he was going to leave, he said,

'Do you fancy going for a coffee sometime?'

I went bright red, smiled, and almost screamed 'YES!' So I gave him my email, because of the lack of phone, and we taked on MSN.

Ooh, panic at the end of the first conversation: How many kisses do I put at the end? Argh, I couldn't decide in time, so I just put one, fearing leaving without putting any.

So the following Thursday, we went for coffee, and I was sooo nervous before hand. I had to get a couple of friends to agree to come and check on us!! But it was actually okay. But no kiss at the end. And I got grounded, becasue I was home late.

The next time I saw him, we went into town, and just sat on College Green together, and talked. And at one point, we had a tickle war, and I thought he was going to kiss me, but nope. Still no kiss. So we got the bus home together, and no kiss when he got off at his stop.

Next 'date' was a picnic. Well, sort of. I brought food, but we hardly ate it. Then we lay on the grass together, side by side. And talked the afternoon away.

The last time I saw him, we went to the field, and just sat, and talked. And messed around a bit, watching little kids play football.

We are definately getting more and more comfortable around eachother, but I'm just wondering where that kiss is. Whether it is ever going to come or not? Or why else would he have asked me out in the first place? Maybe I'm too immature for him. Maybe I talk too much. Or too little. Or maybe I'm just too short. Because when we walk together, my head just reaches his shoulder. Oh dear...

No comments:

Post a Comment